Wednesday, May 19, 2010

two hundred sit-ups, Week 1

I'm starting Week 2 of the two hundred sit-ups program today.

I've actually been surprised at how easy it is, and that I actually feel like I'm making some sort of progress already, as little as it is. During week 1, I found myself just barely able to finish the first workout, struggling to finish the final set, where you do as many crunches as possible, with a set minimum. The second workout went a little bit better, but I was still struggling with the final set. The third workout, I was able to do about 4 crunches more than the minimum. The total number of crunches increases with each workout, so progress is built in.

I'm also not quite as weak as I thought - I was able to do 29 crunches in the initial test, which put me in the third bracket of work-out sets for week 1 and 2. Still a pretty pathetic number, but decent enough to build on.

My plan is to start one of the other programs on alternate days once I've finished week 3 of two hundred sit-ups, either one hundred push-ups or two hundred squats. We'll see how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment