Monday, May 17, 2010

My life is a shambles!

Recently, I finished graduate school.

Or at least, I should have. But sometime in the past few years, I lost sight of some of the important things in life, like eating properly, getting plenty of sleep, and exercising occasionally. Those little life maintenance things that I don't really miss when I forget to do them because I also seem to forget how good it feels to be well-rested, well-nourished, and fit. Forget to do them for long enough, and suddenly it takes a heck of a lot more effort to get back into the habit of living to feel good.

So while I should have graduated, I find myself stuck with four incomplete courses instead. I forgot to take care of my physical needs, and couldn't keep up with the mental taxation of graduate school as a result. I couldn't manage my time, I felt awful, I gained 20 pounds.

Granted, the past two years have brought some wonderful things as well. I've made some amazing friends, I've gotten engaged to a wonderful, geeky man, and I've had the opportunity to take fun classes as well as practical ones.

But somewhere along the way, I feel like I got disconnected from my body, from my physical well-being.

This is my journey to find it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment