Monday, May 24, 2010

A pedometer is a girl's best friend

I have to say, I really love my pedometer. It isn't a particularly fancy pedometer, but it does the job it needs to: it counts my steps in a mostly accurate manner.

The reason I love it is it's a great motivator. I end up walking more because I have a visualization of how much I've already walked. This evening, I was about 100 steps shy of 10,000 steps, and instead of puttering around the house until I reached that amount, I put my shoes backed on and walked another mile.

It also gives me motivation to stay hydrated at work, strangely enough. The more water I drink, the more trips to the bathroom I have to take... and when each trip to the bathroom is 200+ steps, I can rack up a half mile or more just wandering around at work.

No comments:

Post a Comment